Hoopla is a free digital media service that offers a wide variety of movies, tv shows, documentaries, music, educational and instructional videos for patrons. Their collection has an unlimited number of copies for titles which means that material is available for streaming or download immediately through this service.
When Hoopla is configured in Stacks you can:
- Have Hoopla search results appear as a Bento Box.
- Perform an external catalog search that will direct users to the Hoopla site.
Follow the steps below to Enable the Hoopla Bento Box.
- Navigate to the Catalogs tile (Dashboard > Search Configuration > Catalogs).
- Open the Hoopla tab.
- Check the Box 'Enable Bento Box' in order to make the Hoopla Bento Box available.
- Provide the Host URL, User name, Password and Library ID (This information needs to be obtained from Hoopla).
- Click the SAVE CONFIGURATION button to apply settings.
As an Administrator, navigate to the Bento search results page.
Click the Customize this Page button.
Click the + button in the column you'd like the Bento to be added to.
In the Content selection window that appears click the Bento Search tab.
Select Hoopla from the Select a Bento Box drop down list
enter number of result display to box
enable kids mode if desired.
filter hoopla content by kind.
NOTE: For full instructions on adding a Bento Box to the Bento search results page, see: Add Bento Box to Search Results.